Alpacka Classic, Colour: Red, Configuration: Whitewater Deck, Cargo Fly: Yes, Size: Medium.
NEW UNUSED BOAT: (-5% / Normally 1525€) This is a NEW packraft. Current model, fully functional and covered by warranty. Is complete.
The gold standard by which everything else is measured! The Alpacka Classic delivers adventure driven fun from your backyard to the backcountry. All of the quality materials and workmanship that Alpacka Raft have built their reputation on, with minimalist features that take us back to their roots and budget friendly pricing.
Way back in 2000, after suffering through endless tears and repairs of cheap “pool toy” quality boats, Alpacka Raft's CEO Thor Tingey had a dream of making a true wilderness worthy packraft—a boat that was light enough to fit in a backpack yet would not let you down in the cold, rocky rivers of the Alaskan Arctic. Thor asked his mother Sheri Tingey to build him a packraft and the original Alpacka Raft was born and so began the new era of modern packrafting. Little did Thor and Sheri know that their packrafts would not only change backcountry travel, but also deliver a fun and easy new way to enjoy your local rivers and lakes. As packrafting has evolved, so have the original packrafts from Alpacka Raft. In respect to their roots, Alpacka continues with the Classic: a simple, elegant packraft with an updated hull design and options to fit every budget. The Alpacka Classic is the most copied packraft in the wolrd today, and with good reason.
The Classic keeps it simple with the adventure tested Classic Hull, a no fuss seating system, minimalist attachments, and bombproof materials and construction.
Alpacka Classic - Best use:
- 1 person lightweight paddle touring
- Flat water paddling, lakes and easy river tours
- Whitewater tours
- Exploration, micro adventures
- Expeditions, adventure races, geocaching for 1 persons
- Great family packraft for fun at the lake, sea and on the river
- Lightweight 1 person packraft and sailing boat dingy
Alpacka Classic - Features:
- Manufacturing: Hand made by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado, USA
- Shape: Classic Hull
- Tube Diameter: 11.7-inch
- Fit: Relaxed (See sizing and specifications below)
- Colour & Fabric: Cedar 210D, Fireweed 210D, Forget Me Not 210D
- Attachments: 4 bow grab loops, 2 stern grab loops and 2 strap plates
- Seating: Classic Seat Bottom and Inflatable Seat Back
- Build Configurations: Open, Whitewater Deck or Removable Whitewater Deck
- Cargo Fly: Optional (Internal zippered dry bags sold separately)
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit. T Zip lube is included with boats that come with a Cargo Fly.
Alpacka Classic - Materials:
Hull: Proprietary 210-denier high count nylon, single side laminated with a pigmented polyurethane film (Made in USA).
- Floor: Proprietary 840-denier ballistics nylon, laminated on both sides with polyurethane film (Made in USA).
Seating: 200-denier oxford nylon with single side polyurethane laminate (Made in USA).
- Accessories: All grab loops and similar attachments are manufactured by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado out of scrap floor materials and USA made webbing. Small parts and fasteners are Made in USA, when available, and sourced from industry leaders like Duraflex, YKK, and ITW-Nexus.
Alpacka Classic - Build Configurations:
- Whitewater Deck: The most popular option, the standard Whitewater Deck is the driest and warmest configuration for the Classic. It is ideal for all water types in cool climates and the highest performance option for whitewater. The Whitewater Deck features a large kayak style cockpit, one-piece pex coaming, and an ultralight secure fitting spray skirt with shoulder straps.
Cargo Fly Zipper: The Cargo Fly is the ultimate packraft gear storage solution featuring an airtight zipper installed in the stern of the boat to allow you to load your gear inside the tubes. The system provides drier and more secure gear storage and improved paddling performance due to a lower centre of gravity. The Cargo Fly is perfect for expeditions, whitewater performance, and keeping your gear dry in any conditions. Zippered Internal dry bags are an optional upgrade. The dry bags clip in place along each side of the tubes with a side release buckle and allow for better organization and weight balance than placing the contents of your pack loose inside the Cargo Fly. They also act as additional balanced air chambers to make it easier to get to shore in the event of a puncture.
- Paddler Sit Length - 97 - 107cm
- Exterior Length - 234cm
- Exterior Width - 95cm
- Interior Length - 117cm
- Width at Hips - 37cm
- Weight Open* - 2580grams
- Weight Open w/ Cargo Fly* - 2690grams
- Weight Whitewater Deck* - 3230grams
- Weight Whitewater Deck w/ Cargo Fly* - 3350grams
- Weight Removable Whitewater Deck* - 3350grams
- Weight Removable Whitewater Deck w/ Cargo Fly* - 3460grams
- Packed Size Open** - 41x18cm
- Packed Size Open w/ Cargo Fly** - 41x18cm
- Packed Size Whitewater Deck** - 43x19cm
- Packed Size Whitewater Deck w/ Cargo Fly** - 43x19cm
- Packed Size Removable Whitewater Deck** - 43x20cm
- Packed Size Removable Whitewater Deck w/ Cargo Fly** - 43x20cm
- Max Capacity*** 181kgs
*Weight includes all components except inflation bag and repair kit.
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding each lengthwise edge of the boat to the center and rolling from the bow. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing depending on the situation.
***Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions. Please review our weight carrying capacity guide for further details