Extra Tie Downs – Grab Loops, Strap Plates, and Bike Tie Downs.
NOTE – Please indicate the location of any pre installed tie downs in the notes field at checkout using the images on either the Alpacka Series Tie Down Placement page, or the Whitewater Series Tie Down Placements page.
Additional tie downs are a great way to customize your boat for specialized packing options, like carrying bikes or adding a stern grab line. We offer two types of extra tie downs either unattached (install yourself) or pre installed:
- Grab Loops – A 3/4-inch nylon webbing loop bar tacked to a 3-inch diameter base. All boats except the Scout and Forager come standard with 4 bow grab loops and 2 stern grab loops.
- Strap Plates – A heavy duty 3-inch diameter fabric circle with two 1″ slots that you can thread straps through. Strap plates are low profile and great for securing bikes, skis, fly rod cases, etc.
- Bike Tie Downs (Factory Install) – We attach 2 grab loops and 2 strap plates to the bow making it easier to tie down your bike frame and wheels to the packraft.
- Stern Rail (Factory Install) – For Alpacka Series we attach 2 grab loops (1 on either side of the stern) making it easy for you to add a stern grab line to your boat for improved safety in rescue paddling situations.
- Whitewater Rail (Factory Install) – For Whitewater Series we attach 4 grab loops (2 on each side of the stern) making it easy for you to add a stern grab line to your boat for improved safety in rescue paddling situations.
- Lightweight Carrying Handles – Add a carry handle to your Alpacka Series. This option comes with two handles.