Save your lungs for the hike with the Pack-A-Pump. The Pack-A-Pump is ultralight, compact and directly threads on to your Alpacka Raft valve to ensure that your boat is always running at optimal pressure. Built in storage in the plunger handle means that your repair and Cargo Fly maintenance materials are always at your finger tips. The Pack-A-Pump is NOT compatible with other brand's valves.
What do you do when there is nothing on the market that does what you need? Alpacka Raft starts fresh and builds their own. Alpacka Raft have been looking for the perfect top off pump for over a decade.
So Alpacka built the Pack-A-Pump, featuring polycarbonate tubing and a direct thread interface with our valves so that it is half the size and weight of the K-Pump mini at only 200grams and just over 26cm long. It's the perfect size to fit in your pack or bow bag, but still top off your boat in about 30-40 pumps. And being the weight and space savers that we are, we added internal storage to the pump handle so you can keep your repair essentials and Cargo Fly maintenance kit on hand at all times.
Note: The Pack-A-Pump's direct thread valve interface is only compatible with post-2017 style Alpacka Raft temper assist valves. It will not work with 2016 and earlier Alpacka dump valves and nozzles or any other brand of inflatable boat.
Top Off Instructions
- Inflate your Alpacka Raft with the inflation bag.
- Once inflated, twist the Pack-A-Pump clockwise onto the threads of your valve (Not compatible with other valves).
- Pump your Pack-A-Pump until your boat is firm to the touch (1.5 - 2.0 PSI). Never exceed 2.5 PSI (hard to the touch).
- Unthread the pump by turning it clockwise and screw the valve cap back onto the valve.
- Temper your boat by putting it in the water and splashing it down. This will cause air in the tubes to contract. Repeat steps 1-4 until your boat is firm to the touch while in the water.
Warning: Overinflating your packraft or leaving a fully tempered packraft in the sun can cause irreversible damage to your packraft and Cargo Fly zipper and is not covered by warranty. Always reduce your air pressure any time you are on shore taking a break from paddling. Retemper your packraft when you are ready to paddle again.
Plunger Storage Instructions
- Untwist the blue cap on the pump.
- Fill the plunger tube with small items to store (repair kit, sharps, cargo fly maintenance, etc.).
- Twist the cap back on the pump and tighten.
Note: Avoid storing loose repair glues like Aquaseal in the pump as they may burst if during the pumping process. Protect them by wrapping in a soft cloth or plastic bag.
The Pack-A-Pump includes a spare o-ring and lubricant packet (TiZip lubricant can also be used). The Pack-A-Pump is pre-lubricated, but with frequent use you will need to relubricate the o-ring when the pump gets dirty or dry. To service, remove the retaining screws and withdraw the plunger assembly. Clean the tube and plunger head with a soft cloth if dirty. Apply a bead of lubricant to the o-ring and the inside of the barrel. Reassemble the pump and you are ready to go. If your o-ring wears out or breaks, replace with the spare o-ring located in the bottom of the pump barrel.
- 26 x 6.4cm