As light as it gets! You need the lightest possible packraft? The Alpacka Scout is your ticket! Weighting only 1470grams, the ultralight Alpacka Scout is everything you need when weight and space is premium. So light and small you won't even know it is in your pack ;) Perfect for fastpacking, crossing rivers, ski touring, canyoneering, mountain lake exploration and fishing.
The 2021 Alpacka Scout features a 9.2 inch Classic Hull, which enables the Scout to be used as a full fledged backcountry packraft in addition to its regular duties as an ultralight canyoneering and mountain lake specialist. The bow and stern both have additional volume for better flotation and a more balanced feel while paddling.
Alpacka Scout - Best Use:
- Flat water paddling, lakes and easy river tours
- Canyoneering, exploration, micro adventures
- Urban Packrafting
- Fast packing, adventure races, geocaching
- Adventures when small and ultralight gear matters most
- Also great for the kids and family fun at the lake and sea
- Manufacturing: Hand made by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado, USA.
- Shape: Classic Hull
- Tube Diameter: 9.2-inch
- Colours: Cedar Green, Red
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 1 stern grab loop
- Seating: Removable Scout Seat included
- Build Configurations: Open
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
Alpacka Scout - Materials:
- Hull: Proprietary 210-denier high count nylon, single side laminated with a lightweight pigmented polyurethane film (Made in USA). This is the same fabric used in the Caribou, which optimizes packability and weight savings while maintaining sufficient tear strength for the Scout’s intended uses.
- Floor: Proprietary 420-denier nylon, laminated on both sides with polyurethane film (Made in USA).
- Seat (optional): 200-denier oxford nylon, with single side polyurethane laminate (Made in USA).
- Accessories: All grab loops and similar attachments are manufactured by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado out of scrap floor materials and USA made webbing. Small parts and fasteners are Made in USA, when available, and sourced from industry leaders like Duraflex, YKK, and ITW-Nexus.
Alpacka Scout - Build Configurations:
Open: The Alpacka Scout is available only as an open build configuration.
- Custom LAB: Design your dream Alpacka Raft with our widest range of fabrics, colors, build configurations, and add-ons with the Alpacka Custom LAB.
Alpacka Scout - Size & Specifications:
- Exterior Length - 193cm
- Exterior Width - 84cm
- Interior Length - 97cm
- Interior Width - 38cm
- Weight* - 1470grams
- Packed Size** - 38x13cm
- Max Capacity*** 102kgs
*Weight includes all components except inflation bag and repair kit.
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding each lengthwise edge of the boat to the centre and rolling from the bow. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing depending on the situation.
***Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions. Please review our weight carrying capacity guide for further details.