Astral V-Eight PFD
About as light as it gets for a PFD that will still keep you afloat. The world’s first breathable PFD, and a long-time best seller of Astral. The V-Eight combines a patented Airescape technology with an ergonomic design high mesh back, and lightweight construction. It is a staff favorite at Alpacka raft headquarters for being lightweight, comfortable, and the high back design fits perfectly with packraft backrests and spray decks.
Note: Do not use your PFD as a pillow, mattress or a seat, doing so will compress the foam and reduce the buoyancy of your PFD.
This is NOT a whitewater PFD. This is a lightweight PFD suitable for lakes and rivers up to class I.
For the best combination of whitewater capabilities and lightweight design we recommend the Astral Willis 515 PFD which only weighs 105grams more yet provides 60N (Newtons) of buoyancy and is a good choice for up to class III whitewater and lower flow rivers. For class III and above or high volume rivers where more buoyancy is needed check out the Astral Blue Jacket PFD or Astral Green Jacket PFD which both have 70N (Newtons) of buoyancy.
- Intended Use: Rec / Fishing / Tour
- Entry:Front Center Zip
- Foam Insert:PE Foam EVA Foam
- Shell Fabric: 200 x 400 Denier Ripstop Nylon
- Liner Fabric: Breathable Polyester Mesh
- Webbing: Polypro
- Zipper: YKK Self Locking Vislon Teeth
- Hardware: Heavy Duty Acetal
- Weight: 555 grams
- Sizing: S/M (78-94cm) | M/L (96-111cm) | L/XL (111-140cm)
- Design Buoyancy: 50N
- Approval Type: CE (ISO 12402-5) 50N