- €330 – This is for tuition (includes Rescue 3 WRT manual) and certification only. It does not include accommodation, food, gear, any associated expenses etc. Payment in full is required to confirm your place on the course.
- 3 days (18 hours) plus night exercise.
Course content includes:
- Rescue 3 philosophy
- Training standards
- River hydrology and hazards (advanced)
- Personal equipment
- Technical and group equipment
- Pre-trip planning
- Risk assessments
- Incident size-up
- Incident management and site control
- Medical considerations
- Operating at night/ in poor visibility
- Introduction to searching rivers
- Whitewater swimming techniques (advanced)
- Strainer swim
- Conditional rescues – throwbags (advanced)
- Shallow water techniques
- Complex entrapments and cinches
- True/contact rescues – untethered
- True/contact rescues – tethered
- Line crossing methods
- Tensioned diagonals/zip lines
- Flips, rights and crew/client recovery
- Complex boat pins and wraps
- Tethered boat techniques
- Victim/casualty management
- Knots and anchor systems
- Vector pulls
- Tensioning systems and mechanical advantage
- Simple belay systems
- Boat on a highline (optional)
- Confident swimmer, with whitewater experience (eg raft guide, canoeing, kayaking, canyoning, etc)
- Minimum age: 18
This course will be based out of Wildalpen Camping. Google Maps here.
You will be responsible for finding your own accommodation for the course. For camping registration please contact the campground directly. Mention that you are with Seon and Michaela from Packraft Europe so they put you in the same area of the campground with us.
You will be responsible for providing your own lunch and meals on the course, there are restaurants and a grocery shop nearby within walking distance, however it is a good idea to bring a packed lunch and some snacks to eat during the day.
The course will start at 0800hrs on Monday the 10th September.
Once you have completed the course your WRT will be valid for 3 years. Packraft Europe & Rescue 3 Europe head office will keep a record of your award. You will be able to re certify your award after 3 years at a discounted rate.