Additional tie downs are a great way to customize your boat for specialized packing options, like carrying bikes or adding a stern grab line. We offer two types of extra tie downs either unattached (install yourself) or installed by the factory:
- Grab Loops – A 3/4-inch nylon webbing loop bar tacked to a 3-inch diameter base. All boats except the Scout and Forager come standard with 4 bow grab loops and 2 stern grab loops.
- Strap Plates – A heavy duty 3-inch diameter fabric circle with two 1″ slots that you can thread straps through. Strap plates are low profile and great for securing bikes, skis, fly rod cases, etc.
- Bike Tie Downs (Factory Install) – We attach 2 grab loops and 2 strap plates to the bow making it easier to tie down your bike frame and wheels to the packraft.
- Stern Rail (Factory Install) – For Alpacka Series boats we attach 2 grab loops (1 on either side of the stern) making it easy for you to add a stern grab line to your boat for improved safety in rescue paddling situations.
- Whitewater Rail (Factory Install) – For Whitewater Series boats we attach 4 grab loops (2 on each side of the stern) making it easy for you to add a stern grab line to your boat for improved safety in rescue paddling situations.
- Lightweight Carrying Handles – Add the carrying handles now available on the Alpacka Series to your current packraft. This option is available as self-install only and comes with two handles.