FORAGER, Colour: RED & BLACK, Configuration: SELF BAILER Cargo Fly: YES, + FRONT PASSENGER PLATFORM SEAT
EX-DEMO (-18% / Normally 2138 €) This is an packraft in good condition, used and loved. It has a couple of minor pin hole repairs (see photots) and the hull shows signs of use (Scuff marks etc). Current model and is fully functional and covered by warranty. Comes with Inflation Bag, Strap, and New Repair kit / Zipper Lube.
Alpacka Raft's largest and burliest packraft, the self bailing Forager delivers two-person seating and massive cargo capacity in a super stable backpackable package. Whether you are doing fly in Alaska river trips, running whitewater classics, hunting in remote areas, fly fishing, or just want to get your family and friends out on the water, the Forager is big and tough enough to handle any adventure.
Packrafting is often described as an out-of-the-box adventure sport because it allows you to combine both land and water travel in the backcountry. Yet, the Forager goes further and lets you think outside the packraft box with unrivaled durability, stability, and cargo capacity in a backpackable package. Want to keep it light? The Forager is light enough to backpack for two. Want to load it up? The Forager’s XL Cargo Fly will take hundreds of kilos of cargo and keep it safe and dry while improving stability and handling. Want to save hundreds on raft rental costs? You can pack a Forager and two sets of paddling gear into a single duffel and fly anywhere in the world for the cost of only a checked bag. Want to run whitewater? The Alpacka staff have loaded the Forager up with 12-days of food and equipment, plus two Gnarwhals as spare boats, for a self-supported winter run down the Grand Canyon, successfully paddling through all of the major rapids along the way.
If you are looking for a 2 person packraft that can handle everything from a classic expedition river trip, to fly in trips to the remote areas of Alaska or Scandanavia, to self-supported big game hunting, to backcountry drift boat fishing, to worldwide travel, to just loading up the family for a paddling trip. Whatever the adventure, the Alpacka Forager has your bases covered.
Due to the seating configuration, the Forager is best paddled with a canoe style paddle. However, it can be paddled by a single stern paddler with a kayak paddle so that the front paddler can fish, take pictures, make lunch, play with the kids etc. We recommend the Aquabound Shred-Apart paddle with the Forager, with the 240cm version being preferred.
Alpacka Forager - Best use:
- 2 person whitewater raft and touring
- Whitewater up to class 3
- Exploration, micro adventures
- Expeditions, geocaching for 2 persons
- Great family packraft for fun at the lake, sea and on the river
- Lightweight 2 person + gear packraft and sailing boat dingy
Alpacka Forager - Features:
- Manufacturing: Hand made by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado, USA
- Shape: Cargo Hull
- Tube Diameter: 13.1-inch
- Colours: Cedar Green, Red, Kuiu
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 2 bow D-ring grab loops, 2 stern D-ring grab loops, 8 lightweight D-rings on sides for lashing cargo, and 1 bow handle with 2 d-rings
- Seating: Full length inflatable floor, OPTIONAL: Forager Platform Seat for front passenger sold seperately
- Build Configurations: Self Bailing
- Cargo Fly: Standard (XL roll-top internal dry bags sold separately)
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit. T Zip lube is included with boats that come with a Cargo Fly
Alpacka Forager - Materials:
Hull: Proprietary 420-denier high count nylon, single side laminated with a pigmented polyurethane film (Made in USA). Kuiu Proprietary 330-denier high count Cordura, single side laminated with a pigmented polyurethane film (Made in USA).
- Floor: Proprietary 840-denier ballistics nylon, laminated on both sides with polyurethane film (Made in USA).
Seating: 200-denier oxford nylon and 210-denier high count nylons, with proprietary polyurethane films (Made in USA).
- Accessories: All grab loops and similar attachments are manufactured by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado out of scrap floor materials and USA made webbing. Small parts and fasteners are Made in USA, when available, and sourced from industry leaders like Duraflex, YKK, and ITW-Nexus
Alpacka Forager - Build Configurations:
- Self Bailing: The Forager is available only in a self-bailing configuration.
- Cargo Fly Zipper: The Cargo Fly internal storage system comes standard on the Forager. Extra-large roll top internal dry bags may be purchased separately. The Cargo Fly features an airtight zipper installed in the stern of the boat to allow you to store your gear inside the tubes. The system provides drier and more secure gear storage and improved paddling performance due to a lower center of gravity.
- Custom LAB: Design your dream Alpacka Raft with our widest range of fabrics, colors, build configurations, and add-ons with the
- Exterior Length - 315cm
- Exterior Width - 109cm
- Interior Length - 178cm
- Interior Width - 46cm
- Weight* - 6100grams
- Packed Size** - 51x25cm
- Max Capacity*** 453kgs
*Weight includes all components except inflation bag and repair kit.
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding each lengthwise edge of the boat to the center and rolling from the bow. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing depending on the situation.
***Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions. Please review our weight carrying capacity guide for further details.