Croatia Sunday 6th to Saturday 12th June, 2021.
EXPEDITION CODE NAME: "Get your BOOF on!"
5 days / 3 rivers - 990€ + Travel & Expenses. Min 2 Person / Max 5 Person.
Simply put this trip is EPIC, it combines 5 days of packraft coaching and training on 3 beautiful rivers that are extremely rare in Europe in that they are still wild and freeflowing. The Zrmanja, The Una, and the Mreznica. These rivers are true Balkan gems.
This is also one of our personal favourites for multi day packrafting in Europe. This expedition is for intermediate to advanced paddlers and those who have undertaken rescue training.
- Packrafting Skills Focus: Forward Stroke, Boof Stoke, Running Drops, Draw Stroke, Cross Current Momemtum, Expedition and Camp Skills, Risk assessment & Management, Scouting, Rescue Skills, Throwbags, Paddling as a team, Leave No Trace.
River info: We will only paddle up to Class III+
Participants are limited to 5 people. Minimum of 2.
Instructor / Guide: Seon Crockford-Laserer (owner of Packraft Europe). Seon has many years experience as an expedition leader and outdoor guide, and holds the following certifications: IRF Inline Raft Guide (Packraft) Instructor / Rescue 3 Whitewater Rescue Instructor / NOLS, Wilderness First Responder / 200GT Commercial Yacht Captain.
English will be the spoken language during the expedition.
- Be physically fit and able to carry a 20kg backpack for up to 6 hrs of hiking.
- Confident swimmer.
- Whitewater Packrafting experience.
Itinerary: 7 days, 6 nights
Accomodation: Wild camping and riverside camping.
Includes: Guide, River and National Park fees.
- Flights or any associated travel costs.
- Insurance costs.
- Alcohol or drinks at camp grounds or purchased during the expedition.
- Snacks or extra food or any extras purchased during or for the trip.
- Food, provisions, supplies needed.
- Personal gear or packrafting equipment. (Can be rented or purchased from Packraft Europe).
Personal Gear: Participants to bring there own cooking, camping and hiking equipment.
Packrafting / Gear rental: Can be pre-arranged.
In July 2020, in one of the rare gaps sandwiched between 2020’s interminable lockdowns, I was lucky enough to go on a week-long trip paddling 3 stunning rivers in Croatia (Zmunja, Mreznica and Una) with Seon and two others who had recently completed a Rescue 3 Whitewater course with Seon.
What a fabulous week it was! Blistering Middle Earth scenery, endless breath-taking waterfalls, gorges and crystal clear water. Wild camping, drinking from springs and some wonderful wildlife (including turtles and beavers) thrown in.
Improved hugely on paddling techniques, choosing lines and placing people for safety, as well as having refreshers on aspects of white-water safety and rescue techniques. Also learnt a tonne on aspects of bushcraft – from lighting fires with fire-steels, managing kit to (greatly) speed up transitions and organising one’s resources for maximum enjoyment when on a multi-day trip.
A brilliantly organised, utterly memorable trip in stunning scenery - can’t recommend it enough!” Sam, UK