Revelate Designs Waterproof Seat Bag: Terrapin System 14L - Black
This product is sold out
Currently out of stock, available again end of August!
Revelate Designs completely redesigned the new 14L Terrapin® System. It is a modular, waterproof seat pack with a removable drybag allowing for easy off the bike packing and rafting. In its third generation, the bag improves on stability, ease of use, and durability.
Adopting features from their award-winning 8L Terrapin® System, the redesigned 14L Terrapin® System features Revelate's exclusive Indie-Rail attachment system. A progression from conventional bikepacking bag mounts where the rail straps are fixed to the top center of the bag, with Indie-Rail each saddle rail is cinched down hard to the sides of the bag. This feature virtually eliminates side to side bag sway without the need for external hardware. This is combined with a rigid internal structure and active cam buckles to prevent straps from slipping on rough terrain.
New features include an external plastic bottom sheet which protects the bottom of the bag like a fender. Stiffened on all sides, a composite internal top sheet provides a solid and stable platform for the strap points and transmits the vertical load to the seatpost connection. An external webbing and loop system house a bungee and provide additional easy access external storage.
- Indie-Rail attachment system and active cam hardware provide a super stable mount without added hardware.
- Radio frequency welded drybag with air purge valve
- Protective external plastic bottom frame sheet
- Aluminum hardware at high-stress points
- Composite internal top frame sheet
- Revelate exclusive RevX-PAC panels that are 2 times as abrasion resistant as standard VX material.
- Foam-stiffened side panels with fiberglass compression stays
- External webbing and bungee for additional storage
- Carbon seatpost friendly
- Compatible with Thudbuster with use of Thudbuster extension
- 8.5" (21.5cm) Minimum of tire clearance required from saddle rails
Important Notes: It is mandatory to check tire clearance prior to use, especially with full suspension bikes. Bag contact with a tire can cause a bad wreck and ruin your day. Tire damage to the bag is not covered by warranty.
This product is not designed for use with dropper seatposts.
This bag is for carrying soft, pliable objects. sufficiently pad any hard edge objects like cookware to prevent premature wear.
The 14L Terrapin® System is not compatible with the Spocket top pouch.
Please evaluate how your system works well before a planned trip.
- Weight: Terrapin® - 396grams; Drybag 120grams
- Volume: 14 Liters
- Materials: Revelate exclusive VX 21 X-pac; Rhinotec; Drybag: 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated ripstop nylon with air purge valve